Menopause can pose a number of irritating conditions. Weight gain, hot flashes and night sweats, vaginal dryness, insomnia, depression, hair loss, weak fingernails, joint pain and so on are just a few symptoms that most women will experience during their menopause days. Luckily, there are ways to combat such problems by incorporating certain natural remedies into your daily life, such as herbs. Herbs for menopausal relief can produce promising results.
Aside from herbs for menopausal symptoms, other natural ways to go about combating such problems include what goes on in your daily life. For example, eating healthy and getting enough nutrients is important for everyone, but especially important once you enter a time in which hormonal changes are constantly plaguing your lifestyle. Keeping up with a balanced diet will help to prevent certain problems like weight gain, which can easily occur during menopause. It also gives you the energy you need to continue on in your daily routines, which can otherwise be hard during menopause as well thanks to lack of energy and fatigue.
Working out is extremely important as well. Sticking to a workout routine is wonderful for battling against muscle tension, joint pain, weight gain, lack of energy, and so on.
Besides the obvious, however, many women will turn to herbal remedies and teas. This is because even Mother Nature can lend a helping hand during menopause. Here are a few herbs that many menopausal women turn to:
- Black Cohosh: This is one of the main herbs that many menopausal women will try during stressful conditions related to menopause. This is actually referred to as a menopause herb, believe it or not. Black cohosh is a wonderful way to reduced cramping in the uterus, which can worse during menopause. It’s also great for battling against mood swings, hot flashes, memory loss and other muscle pains.
- Chasteberry and Chaste Tree: These are common herbs that are also great for soothing fluctuating hormones. Because they can offer a balancing affect, these herbs are great for reducing the chance of depression during the menopause days.
- Sage: Sage offers many medicinal properties, but it’s great for menopausal women in that it can help to treat night sweats and hot flashes.
- Damiana: Damiana is typically used as an anti-depressant. But, it can also help with sex drive, which is generally lowered in menopausal women.
Note: An overdose of damiana can harm the lining of the urinary tract.
- Dong Quai: This traditional Chinese herb is a classic for providing relief to women during painful menstruation and abdominal pains. That being said, it’s also wonderful for treating pains related to menopausal symptoms.
- Maca Root: Maca root is typically used for benefiting the sex drive. Because reduced libido is a common menopausal symptom, this can definitely come in handy for women (and their partners) during this time.
- Red Clover: Red clover is yet another wonderful herb for helping out issues and problems during menopause. Sometimes it’s even called the “cure all” in regards to menopausal symptoms, because it offers so many benefits thanks to its naturally high amounts of phytoestrogens, and can help to increase estrogen levels in the body.
Menopause is a hard but natural transition in every woman’s life. This does not mean, however, that she has to let menopause and its symptoms get in the way of her life. Trying out these herbs for menopausal symptoms can definitely help out.