This is a sponsored post and is an original review I wrote on behalf of Hillshire Brands and Mom it Forward Blogger Network.
The usual menu for the holidays can be boring over the years and since in a few months time it’s coming again, might as well start trying new recipes. The main course can be a bit challenging, but given that you were able to get all the ingredients, a little glimpse to that youtube vid will do the magic. Another challenging thing that you get to face is the budget. Great food can require some expensive ingredients. However, luckily for us because we are now in the era of the internet where discounts are all within reach through coupons. I shopped at Safeway
recently and I’ve been fascinated by the selection offered by Hillshire Brands. This made me decide to make the star of my holiday dishes.
Now I’ve been left with what to do with Hillshire Brands Smoked Sausage
aside from simply serving it per se. It is compact with rich flavor that could easily be made as the main ingredient to any main course. I actually had several dishes which my family said tasted great since I would be sharing with them.
Here’s one of my easy recipes, ready in just 20 minutes and it’s such a delicious and tasty meal when the main ingredient is the Beef Smoked Sausage from Hillshire Brands
that my family enjoys eating in my different new recipes.
• 1 (14 ounce) package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 cups green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1/2 teaspoon grind pepper
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Saute sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Add canola oil, onion, peppers and grind pepper, cooking until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese
4. serve over hot cooked rice or garlic bread what ever you prefer
Hillshire Brands has various products and they focus on healthy items by adding protein to every meal you serve to your family. To all of my lovely readers, here’s an ECoupon you can use to shop at Safeway via Just For You app and You can save $0.55 on any one Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage product.